Best Church Website Themes
Over the next few months I will be highlighting a few companies that 1) build for churches 2) use WordPress to do so and 3) have design packages for less that $1000.
Some of us immediately think that 1K is steep, but the average cost of a custom website this year is projected to be north of 7K just for a limited custom design!
Full disclosure: I own Creative Ministry Design. And I whole heartedly believe in what we produce. As a pastor myself, I can really say that I would use the services our design agency offers. We really do build solid websites! I have not used this site as of yet to push our design business as it was geared towards people that are already WordPress DIY’ers in their church, but I believe the product we have created this month could be a game changer for many churches!
With that being said, I still know that with the average church being 75 people, and many not understanding the intrinsic value a well designed church website adds, I set out to create some ‘premium themes‘ that I would be proud to use. I think these really are the best church website themes.
I’ve demoed other companies, used their page builders, fooled around with their back end, and the set up we have in WordPress is the easiest to navigate. These themes are literally set up to where you just add you logos, change the colors, and add your own words. The image for this blog post is from the editor. It’s as simple as clicking and typing and hitting save!
Here is a video that shows me editing every aspect of the home page of our High Ridge template.
The best church website themes can’t stop at the theme part. The back-end has to be solid as well. Late last year we shifted a bit on our backend design and began using a different page builder. We have scaled down everything, so there is no confusion, and you only see what you actually need. We gear it and our tutorial resources towards people that have very limited (if any!) knowledge of WordPress or Web Design. Here are some things that set CMD apart and make it some of the best church websites themes around.
- Pre Made – Every theme comes pre-made with the most used ‘pages’ that churches have.
- Our Page Builder – Easy to use drag & drop builder. Even though we have pages pre-made, you can create more in minutes.
- Beautiful Design – These are themes, but I put just as much effort and care into creating them as my custom sites
- Easy to Maintain – Because we do the maintaining and updating though our hosting package
- Bundled Software – So much more than a theme. We use over $800 of software that we pay yearly for in each theme
- Video Tutorials – Both general and theme specific video tutorials
- No coding – everything is done visually. you will never ever have to touch a line of code
- Super Fast – all our work is lightweight. no one visiting your church’s site will have to wait for anything
- Tailored Design – you aren’t boxed in! the theme is customizable and able to add many integrations (twitter, sermons, groups, ect)
- Multiple Themes – we actually built the first three to resemble some of our favorite church websites. more will be coming!
You can check out the themes HERE.
- One of my favorite plugins got an update! - July 21, 2017
- Creating a Church Podcast - May 22, 2017
- Easily Create Pro Graphics for your Church Website - May 16, 2016
- Why I No Longer Use Themeforest - March 31, 2016
- Best Church Website Themes - January 15, 2016
- Tips to an Effective Homepage - September 26, 2015
- Podcast Plugins are Mostly Crap - June 16, 2015
- Visual Composer as a Church Plugin - June 11, 2015
- Grow Your Easter Attendance with a WordPress Landing Page - March 2, 2015
- Best Podcast Plugin for Churches - January 2, 2015