One of my favorite plugins got an update!
A quick glance through our blogs will tell you that we really like Series Engine.
I wanted to shoot out a quick message to let you guys know that it just got a pretty significant update in 2.0. If found out on the WP for Churches Facebook page just a bit ago, and thought it warranted letting you know too! I’ve been playing around with it and love the speed it has now and some of the design tweaks Eric (it’s developer) has made, and even though I haven’t used Sermon Browser I’m sure tons of people will benefit from the new import feature as well as the import integrations he has planned for the future.
@SeriesEngine just got an update! Here are a few of my top reasons for looking into it
If you haven’t played around with Series Engine, here are a few of my top reasons for looking into it.
- It makes creating and managing a sermon library very easy. The layout has had a lot of thought put into it. Also, from an ‘admin’ standpoint I also appreciate that the ‘settings’ are under the WP Settings and not in the actual ‘Series Engine’ area.
- It’s one of the few sermon plugins that you don’t have to go to great lengths to maintain some design continuity with your site. Most other plugins require you to have some php knowledge to get it to look good.
- You can add the player to any page via shortcode. That means if you have a youth page, you can make the player display just youth messages. This goes further too. This is beyond just managing sermons. Imagine using Series Engine to add baptism videos, mid week sermon recaps/teaching in a blog post, stories of life change in your church.
- The robust abilities in the player are neat. Sure, we expect the ability to add audio/video of the message. But you can also add another tab for the worship portion, or a the ability to download PDF notes, and more. Maybe you have sermon based small groups? You can easily use the notes ability to share your group materials for the week. In fact, I did this was a staff pastor a few years ago (when Series Engine was a baby) and it worked great!
The creator works with Long Hollow Baptist so I figured ‘who better to check out what it can do than the guy who makes it. There is a cost to the plugin…and for many, even though you can demo the plugin beforehand, it will drive them away. Unfortunately.
But let’s be real. This is a solution for churches that understand the value of a well made website as a tool to reach and disciple people, not the church that is looking for the cheapest solution because ‘website’ is a box to be checked off. With a commitment
Make sure to check out/demo hard/buy Series Engine soon! Enjoy
- One of my favorite plugins got an update! - July 21, 2017
- Creating a Church Podcast - May 22, 2017
- Easily Create Pro Graphics for your Church Website - May 16, 2016
- Why I No Longer Use Themeforest - March 31, 2016
- Best Church Website Themes - January 15, 2016
- Tips to an Effective Homepage - September 26, 2015
- Podcast Plugins are Mostly Crap - June 16, 2015
- Visual Composer as a Church Plugin - June 11, 2015
- Grow Your Easter Attendance with a WordPress Landing Page - March 2, 2015
- Best Podcast Plugin for Churches - January 2, 2015